Absolute Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forums of Absolute Zero on the Blade's Edge Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WoW related Story Time!!

Go down 
+2
discoghost
Jaybee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaybee

Jaybee

WoW related Story Time!! Empty
PostSubject: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:00 am

Tell everyone about any funny, strange or interesting WoW-related stories that you might have!! ~! Fun Fun !~
Back to top Go down
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:16 am

Ok Ok. I'll start. I work at a Best Western Hotel. I work the overnight shift (from midnight to 8 A.M.) and 2 days ago, right before I clocked out and left for the day, our branch manager and owner of the hotel came in to visit. She is extremely intimidating, and scares the crap out of me everytime she comes in, so I was nervous as all get out. Anyways, she comes to the front desk where I, and my co-worker, was standing. She remembered her name, and greeted her, but when she turned to me, I could tell she couldn't quite remember mine ( I guess I'm not memorable ), so I reached out my hand to shake hers, and introduced myself, completely by mistake, as "Jaybee"!!!! WHAT?!?! Did I just tell her my name was Jaybee??? Okay, so....Sure, J.B. is a not-so-rare name, and I'm sure she didn't think anything of it. But, I had actually just introduced myself as my WoW toon... to my branch manager. The saddest part of this story is that I had no f'in clue what I had done until after about a 5 min. conversation with this woman. She walked away finally, and my co-worker turned to me and said, " Ugh...What did you just tell her your name was???" Then it clicked.... I am officially completely enveloped in the WoW world!!! How in the world do you explain that to someone without feeling completely pathetic?? You don't. You quickly change the subject. Which is what I did. By the way, my name is Jacob. My initials are J.B. Hence the name Smile Anybody else ever done anything similiar?? Accidentally referred to yourself as your WoW toon's name? I know I'm not the ONLY one with an embarrassing WoW story.
Back to top Go down
discoghost

discoghost

PostSubject: butter.... knife?   WoW related Story Time!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:58 pm

um.. hey... u guys... sometimes i hit the windows key and.... um. i minimize wow. is there anyway i can turn that off? maybe ill just go get a butter knife to pop it out...........................................................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Way to go off topic, Disco... Nerd. And yeah, if you are finding it hard to avoid pressing the windows key, popping it out with a knife or whatever is a pretty quick fix. Can't promise you that it'll work the same when you put it back in though... Make a choice.
Back to top Go down
Genevah

Genevah

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 4:36 pm

I caught myself twice now while shopping and seeing a nice shirt, wondering how much armor it has...
Back to top Go down
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:39 am

Genevah wrote:
I caught myself twice now while shopping and seeing a nice shirt, wondering how much armor it has...

Now, thats what I'm talking about. I KNEW I couldn't be the only one who's real life sometimes catches flashes of WoW reality in it. /golfclap for Genevah
Back to top Go down
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:01 am

I one time was day dreaming and thought that my friend and I were on our way to the mace store so he could get the Axe of Impeding Doom.(we were actually on our way to the guitar store in Minneapolis, hence the word Axe)

I have also used the word gold interchangably with dollars in and out of the game.

And that sucks Jaybee, I'm glad my toons names came from what I was already called. Oaf is my nickname for most people, and some people call me Ogre, which is where my warrior Augree comes in. My boss always used to pronounce Ogre as Awwgree, so i went with it.

On that note. If you all want to call me Oaf being as both Disco and I are named Matt, I am perfectly fine.

Lol, another wow realted story. During the summer I like to bike a lot (25-40 miles a day) and walk a lot as well, and I would always try to judge which zones I could have crossed with the speed and time I was going places.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:53 pm

I'm the maintenance director at an apartment complex so I use a lot of tools. 90% of the stuff I have to do can be done with a pair of channel locks and a screwdriver (well my screwdriver is one of those 5-1s with interchangeable ends) so many times I walk down the halls imagining how much damage I can do by dual wielding with the channel locks as a very fast main hand and the screwdriver as a superfast dagger. I could probably do a lot of damage to someone. When no ones looking I swipe at imaginary mobs to clear the hallway.

Now in the boilerroom I have a really nice two handed mace (its actually a 5# sledgehammer) which always feels good slung over my shoulder. Big damage weapon there. ♠️ Then there's my 7 foot polearm (actually a tool to turn main water valve in the yard on and off) that has a very nice balanced feel with a handle on one end and a square thingy to turn the valve on the other. I wouldn't want to mess with me swinging that thing around.

Then there's those long van rides to the gigs.....and a lot of them are along Lake Erie and I compare the view to various parts of Azeroth like Grizzly Hills and Elwynn forest etc. Winter time looks a lot like Dun Morogh around here.

I also have had a lot of dreams where the raid...well we didn't wipe and downed that last boss we were working on for two hours before quitting.
I always hate waking up and realizing that we have to clear our way all the way back to the boss the next day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbluesky.com
Jenatude

Jenatude

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am

Jack wrote:
I'm the maintenance director at an apartment complex so I use a lot of tools. 90% of the stuff I have to do can be done with a pair of channel locks and a screwdriver (well my screwdriver is one of those 5-1s with interchangeable ends) so many times I walk down the halls imagining how much damage I can do by dual wielding with the channel locks as a very fast main hand and the screwdriver as a superfast dagger. I could probably do a lot of damage to someone. When no ones looking I swipe at imaginary mobs to clear the hallway.

Now in the boilerroom I have a really nice two handed mace (its actually a 5# sledgehammer) which always feels good slung over my shoulder. Big damage weapon there. ♠️ Then there's my 7 foot polearm (actually a tool to turn main water valve in the yard on and off) that has a very nice balanced feel with a handle on one end and a square thingy to turn the valve on the other. I wouldn't want to mess with me swinging that thing around.

Then there's those long van rides to the gigs.....and a lot of them are along Lake Erie and I compare the view to various parts of Azeroth like Grizzly Hills and Elwynn forest etc. Winter time looks a lot like Dun Morogh around here.

I also have had a lot of dreams where the raid...well we didn't wipe and downed that last boss we were working on for two hours before quitting.
I always hate waking up and realizing that we have to clear our way all the way back to the boss the next day.

I wanna come work with you! Send me a Party invite!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skylightangel
Genevah

Genevah

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Jack wrote:
When no ones looking I swipe at imaginary mobs to clear the hallway.

LOL. best.. quote..ever..

And Oaf I have said gold instead of dollars quite a few times myself, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WoW related Story Time!!   WoW related Story Time!! Empty

Back to top Go down

WoW related Story Time!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Absolute Zero :: General :: Random-
Jump to: