Absolute Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forums of Absolute Zero on the Blade's Edge Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raiding Critique

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack

Jack

Raiding Critique Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Critique   Raiding Critique EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Take this as you will but these are my suggestions after tonights raid:

1. Everyone in the guild who has a rank from raider on up should be attending the raids on a consistent basis. If someone is ranked raider or above and not having good attendance (I do realize that RL sometimes gets in the way) they should be demoted to at least sub-raider.

2. We need to recruit more "Raiders". What is a raider? Someone who is ready to raid 15 minutes ahead of time. Someone who knows the vent info ahead of time so we don't have to spam it every 3 minutes. Someone who has enough flasks and buff food to get through the raid without having to rely on Haak and Oafus to drop a fish feast. Someone who knows how to click the minimap and find the closest repair and be repaired prior to the raid. Someone who has actually taken the time to learn the fights first by researching them on google/youtube and (hopefully) might even have done them before. Someone who actually knows how to manage their addons. Someone who knows their class and plays it well. Someone who knows something about other classes. Someone who isn't gonna bitch,whine and moan about being asked to do something that is gonna hurt their dps. Someone who is more concerned about the group/raid getting things done than padding the dps meters. Right at this time I estimate we need to recruit at a minimum of 10 people who would fit in what I call a raider. Perhaps you might have a different definition of what a raider should be, this is mine.

3. Internet connectivity seems to be a problem for some people. There are ways to fix some of that. One is the latency fix that you can use download from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html
I can't say that this is the fix for everyones connection problem, but it's probably a combination of a bunch of things. A subpar video card will toss you right off the internet simply because your computer can't handle all the incoming information....the packet stream gets backed up and voila you DC. I know this from experience because I have the same internet connection for many years, and a new computer I got back in January fixed the DC problem right away.

4. We seem to have like 4 or 5 people wanting to be the raid leader during the fight, sometimes it gets quite confusing when different people are callling out stuff. Now...I'm a multitalented guy who can multitask quite well and if it's confusing me then I'm sure it's confusing many other people of lesser intellectual stature. We have one raid leader at a time which is Sour and he needs to have vent clear. These aren't your 5 or 10 mans, 25 people have a lot of stuff going on. So during a boss fight unless you've been asked to call stuff out...stfu. That being said, we also have a lot of people who have done these fights and know the strats. I get tired of listening to people talk over someone else when they are letting us know the variations of the strat they have done vs. the strat we just tried 3x and wiped on all 3x.

5. There is no reason to be calling out people for mistakes during a raid. If someone a perpetual screwup then they will get booted as we have seen in the past. Tonight my name got called out during raid for being on the boss when there were adds up. Guess what. Go back to point #2 and maybe learn something about other peoples classes. I'll help you out here. There's a thing priests do called multi-dotting. Which means we put dots on multiple mobs. Or I might be mindsearing through the boss to kill adds. In other words....see point #4. And I didn't have to explain during the fight what I was doing as that would have clogged vent, although my first reaction was STFU.

6. We need to recruit more "Raiders".
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbluesky.com
Haakmezdarko
Admin
Haakmezdarko

Raiding Critique Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiding Critique   Raiding Critique EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 12:55 am

Jack I totally agree, we need more people of this nature and more people with an understanding like yous for the guild to progress further. Everyone Needs to step it up a notch this isn't dare i say it "Runescape". Follow jacks words of wisdom, if you feel the need to not to put forth your best effort in my raids like you can gtfo. =]
Back to top Go down
https://absolutezero.forummotion.com

Raiding Critique
Page 1 of 1