Absolute Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forums of Absolute Zero on the Blade's Edge Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zero................

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack

Jack

Zero................ Empty
PostSubject: Zero................   Zero................ EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:24 am

Happens to be my favorite number. Of course it is the perfect mystery which unlocks the whole universe that is contained within zero. But you already knew that even though you didn't know that you knew that.

Zero is a description of nothing, nonexistence, the center of the infinity of numbers. In our western culture we use a symbol of a circle to describe it, and as you know a circle has no beginning and no end. By the very describing of zero we bring nothingness, the void into being.
Zero exists within everything, that perfect point of nothingness that rests between the positive and the negative, the blank spot that once we look at it and are aware of it the nonexistence becomes part of our concious creating portals between dimensions and time. It's ingrained in our beings all the way down to the subatomic level as each particle that makes up our very being follows a path that cuts a swath through the void in the aformentioned circle. The subatomic particles form together to create the protons, neutrons, and electrons swirling in more circles around each other. Very large circles, so large that if we were to extraploate the circle that the swirling electrons make around the nucleus of the atom we would find that even on an atomic level there is mostly empty void space between the electrons, protons and neutrons of an atom. And those atoms join together with other atoms making larger molecules, but no matter how large the molecule, the majority of that molecular structure is filled with the nothingness, the zero. And if you took any science at all you know that we are made up of complex molecules too many to count, however in the long run we are made up mostly of the emptyness, the void that fills the spaces between the circularly whirling particles that make up everything. And now since we've come to the part that concludes that we are made up of mostly empty, void spaces we should be able to stick our hand right through the keyboard that we type things out on, as that same keyboard is made up of subatomic particles and atoms and molecules that are all mostly empty space. But now I've gone and had to think about it.

I found all this out by playing with the resonance and LFO sine/square waves on one of my first synthesizers. And probably a few too many tabs of stuff that I should have left off of my tongue but there it was....my synthesizer audibly making the zero with the change in resonance. A good example of how synths can do this can be found at the beginning of Tom Sawyer by Rush. If you listen carefully and open your mind a little bit you can hear the synth say Zero and hold out the O.

Pssh now ya'll think I'm crazy but so what. One of these days someones gonna come back here and say....damn I heard it on the radio and that was some of the craziest shit I ever heard. Maybe I should just record a Zero on the synth and post it. But not tonight it's late and I'm done proselytizing.

Yes something hidden deep inside what we percieve as the real world. Zero.

I forgot to mention I love being in this guild lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbluesky.com
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: Zero................   Zero................ EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:58 am

this made me think of our discussion in Logic class last semester where we were asked to think of nothing. It is impossible, if you think of nothing as a white void, it's still something. If you think of nothing as a black emptiness, being the black emptiness makes it something. It is impossible for our weak minds to imagine what nothing is. Nothing is something that consists of neither time nor space, and so just by thinking of what nothing would be have already given it time, thus existence, and thus no longer being nothing. But also by thinking that is is a black or white void, or blue or purple, or whatever, have also given it space, and thus it is something, not nothing. The concept of nothing seems very small, but just the fact that it is impossible to conceive of nothing makes it so complex. Man I loved my philosophy classes, and jack's post made me reminisce in the good ol' days.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Zero................   Zero................ EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Oafus wrote:
this made me think of our discussion in Logic class last semester where we were asked to think of nothing. It is impossible, if you think of nothing as a white void, it's still something. If you think of nothing as a black emptiness, being the black emptiness makes it something. It is impossible for our weak minds to imagine what nothing is. Nothing is something that consists of neither time nor space, and so just by thinking of what nothing would be have already given it time, thus existence, and thus no longer being nothing. But also by thinking that is is a black or white void, or blue or purple, or whatever, have also given it space, and thus it is something, not nothing. The concept of nothing seems very small, but just the fact that it is impossible to conceive of nothing makes it so complex. Man I loved my philosophy classes, and jack's post made me reminisce in the good ol' days.

I don't see how it's impossible to concieve of nothing, since we know it's there....it has to be. We know that numbers go on infinitely but the placeholder between the negative and positive numbers is zero, it has no value. I don't know who made up the math rules that the sum of zero added to any number is that number, and any number multiplied by zero equals zero. Perhaps these arcane math rules have added to my personal conceptualization of the whole thing but at any rate, i'm gonna go raid now where Absolute Zero is gonna consume by multiplication all the electrons in the game tonight.
Back to top Go down
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: Zero................   Zero................ EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:13 pm

Jack wrote:
Oafus wrote:

I don't see how it's impossible to concieve of nothing, since we know it's there....it has to be. We know that numbers go on infinitely but the placeholder between the negative and positive numbers is zero, it has no value. I don't know who made up the math rules that the sum of zero added to any number is that number, and any number multiplied by zero equals zero. Perhaps these arcane math rules have added to my personal conceptualization of the whole thing but at any rate, i'm gonna go raid now where Absolute Zero is gonna consume by multiplication all the electrons in the game tonight.

but to concieve nothing as a whole, is impossible, because there is no such thing as total nothing. The only way there can be nothing is if time and space don't exist, so that means there has always been something, always will be something and will never actually be nothing. so long as either time or space exists, nothing is really non existant.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Zero................   Zero................ EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:59 am

Oafus wrote:
Jack wrote:
Oafus wrote:

but to concieve nothing as a whole, is impossible, because there is no such thing as total nothing. The only way there can be nothing is if time and space don't exist, so that means there has always been something, always will be something and will never actually be nothing. so long as either time or space exists, nothing is really non existant.

Yet space out in say...outer space is really empty for the most part. Space is a measurement (even if we somehow arbitrarily have decided that it's infinite) that we use, its also a description. Time is another measurement that is also a description. I have to disagree with you, nothing does exist simply because we have described it, in many ways i.e. zero (the number) and empty space. Whether we are talking on a subatomic level (yes there is nothing between the nucleus of an atom and the electrons whirling around it) or on a universe scale there are big huge pockets of nothing contained within those very constructs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero................   Zero................ Empty

Back to top Go down

Zero................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Absolute Zero :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: