Absolute Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forums of Absolute Zero on the Blade's Edge Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ventrilo Server Donations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenatude

Jenatude

Ventrilo Server Donations Empty
PostSubject: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, I know we all want a bigger and better vent so we don't have to switch for raids. If I could get a few steady donations I'm sure we could upgrade to at least a 50 man vent easily. Here is the link if anyone is able and interested in helping out with this.

I think its only fair to know what you are putting money into. I use Powervs. We currently have a 24 man vent, which costs $5/month. 32 man vent is $10/month, 48 man vent is $15/month, 75 man is $20/month. At the least I would like us to have a 32 man vent so we can have a 25 man raids and a few people extra that are questing/pvping/running heroics, whatever the case may be. If you can help you, thats great, if not, thats ok too. :-)

Donations for Ventrilo
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skylightangel
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 12:58 am

I've had mine for 2 years. This week is the first time I've ever had a problem with it. Turned in a ticket on it and got this

Vent crashing

Sent Ticket #272403
10/15/2009 at 11:35 PM CST Post Response

Jack McLaughlin,

Yes. We have had DDoS attacks against our Washington DC hosting location the past 2 nights, which caused the servers to crash. Out network technicians we able to resolve the issue within 30 minutes of the servers going down. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and we appreciate your patience during the last 2 days.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Christopher Strah
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbluesky.com
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm fine with trying to pitch in for a vent, hell if i get a job I'll buy one. The only issue I have is I want a guild vent. I like the privacy and security of a guild vent, and i don't feel that in jens. I like being able to know who is in vent, and not "who is that person who signed on mid raid." Nothing against jack, i'd jsut feel better having a completely guild vent.
Back to top Go down
Jenatude

Jenatude

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:02 am

Oafus wrote:
I'm fine with trying to pitch in for a vent, hell if i get a job I'll buy one. The only issue I have is I want a guild vent. I like the privacy and security of a guild vent, and i don't feel that in jens. I like being able to know who is in vent, and not "who is that person who signed on mid raid." Nothing against jack, i'd jsut feel better having a completely guild vent.

First of all, i wish you had come to me with this personally.

Second, if I can get some guildies to help with the payment, i will for sure make it a solely a guild vent. (with the exception of Oih and Raw, of course)

Personally, I think that people coming into vent from outside the guild is a good step to recruitment into the guild. #1, you know they have vent. #2, if they are on vent, they are probobly running something with someone in the guild, so we can see what they have to offer. I know quite a few people already who just hop on vent and later decide to join. I think a completely guild vent is closed off and not at all open to new people. If people come in, hang out and go "hey, this is pretty cool" all the more likely they would join the guild.
Back to top Go down
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 3:37 am

Jenatude wrote:
Oafus wrote:

First of all, i wish you had come to me with this personally.

Second, if I can get some guildies to help with the payment, i will for sure make it a solely a guild vent. (with the exception of Oih and Raw, of course)

Personally, I think that people coming into vent from outside the guild is a good step to recruitment into the guild. #1, you know they have vent. #2, if they are on vent, they are probobly running something with someone in the guild, so we can see what they have to offer. I know quite a few people already who just hop on vent and later decide to join. I think a completely guild vent is closed off and not at all open to new people. If people come in, hang out and go "hey, this is pretty cool" all the more likely they would join the guild.

Sorry, i didn't feel like it was a huge issue that needed to be dealt with personally. I just don't like it when people I don't know hop into the vent channel i'm using for raids or pvp or whatever and start chatting while we are trying to do strat. It's not a big deal though at all, and in one quick response got blown all out of proportion.
Back to top Go down
Jenatude

Jenatude

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:17 am

Oafus wrote:

Sorry, i didn't feel like it was a huge issue that needed to be dealt with personally. I just don't like it when people I don't know hop into the vent channel i'm using for raids or pvp or whatever and start chatting while we are trying to do strat. It's not a big deal though at all, and in one quick response got blown all out of proportion.

I don't know exactly what was blown out of proportion, I just stated my opinion, you stated yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ventrilo Server Donations   Ventrilo Server Donations Empty

Back to top Go down

Ventrilo Server Donations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Absolute Zero :: World of Warcraft :: General Discussion of WOW-
Jump to: