Absolute Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forums of Absolute Zero on the Blade's Edge Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions?? Post them here!

Go down 
+3
Jack
Jenatude
Jaybee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaybee

Jaybee

Suggestions??  Post them here! Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 am

I thought it might be cool to have a section where guildies can post suggestions for the guild if they have something in mind that they'd like to do as a guild. For example, an old-school raid you've never done, but always wanted to see. Or, an achievement that you've always wanted to get, but never had the support to do so. Or even just a silly idea that you think might be fun for everyone to get involved in. Whatever. You get the idea. Of course, I wouldn't expect the officers to enforce any of these suggestions, but if enough people see your post, and want to help out, you never know what kind of trouble we might be able to get into...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenatude

Jenatude

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:51 am

I still have the 10 Man EoE key that I need to do and finish. Plus, all I need for Champion of the Frozen Wastes is Maly. If we could schedule that sometime, that would be awesome and I would be a happy Hunter
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skylightangel
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:50 pm

I suggest we come up with different raiding days than the ones we are using. Tues Thurs Sun might work out better than THurs Sat Sun.
So I suggest Tuesday we do Ony 25, Voa 25 amd ToC 25 and carry on from there. We should be able to get those 3 done in one night leaving the other two nights for Uldy 25.
Tuesday always seemed like a good night to start 25 mans on since you never know when new stuff is going to come out. I really like the earlier time of 5pm server for starting the raid. Now all we gotta do is get everyone to sign up for stuff....and show up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbluesky.com
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:34 am

Jenatude wrote:
I still have the 10 Man EoE key that I need to do and finish. Plus, all I need for Champion of the Frozen Wastes is Maly. If we could schedule that sometime, that would be awesome and I would be a happy Hunter

I second the motion Smile My pally has STILL never cleared EoE. I've been to the 3rd phase countless times, but never cleared it. It would take us 20 min. to destroy the place with a group of our geared guildies.
Back to top Go down
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:37 am

Jack wrote:
I suggest we come up with different raiding days than the ones we are using. Tues Thurs Sun might work out better than THurs Sat Sun.
So I suggest Tuesday we do Ony 25, Voa 25 amd ToC 25 and carry on from there. We should be able to get those 3 done in one night leaving the other two nights for Uldy 25.
Tuesday always seemed like a good night to start 25 mans on since you never know when new stuff is going to come out. I really like the earlier time of 5pm server for starting the raid. Now all we gotta do is get everyone to sign up for stuff....and show up.

I agree with you, as well. Most people are going to find excuses to miss raids that are on the weekends, unfortunately. Thats just life. I will almost ALWAYS be on. No matter what. But, thats simply because I lack anything that resembles a social life. Those of you that DO have one, it's understandable that you might not raid on your days to get out and relax. But, no matter what days of the week, or times during the day, our raids are scheduled for, if we only have 8-10 people signing up each time.... we won't be raiding much, regardless.
Back to top Go down
discoghost

discoghost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Jaybee wrote:
Jenatude wrote:

I second the motion Smile My pally has STILL never cleared EoE. I've been to the 3rd phase countless times, but never cleared it. It would take us 20 min. to destroy the place with a group of our geared guildies.

/agree
Back to top Go down
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:03 am

discoghost wrote:
Jaybee wrote:
Jenatude wrote:

/agree

Considering he has a 10 minute enrage, 20 minutes sounds like a fun challenge.
Back to top Go down
Oafus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 am

Jack wrote:

I agree Jack, and for everyone here, we are discussing moving nights. Nothing set in stone yet, jsut some ideas tossed around. Two of our officers won't be able to make Monday-Wednesday, and another is leaving for a couple months for duty. My thought is as Jack has stated though, get Ony, VOA, and TOTC 25 mans done tuesday night. We can starte getting a core raid group put together, getting people geared up so we will be able to do IC, and then eventually being able to start 25 heroic tuesday night and maybe pull in some people who can't make the first night into regualr totc on thursday and sun.

We need to decide on something, and I know I wouldn't be happy as an officer who ahd to miss raid, but if we dont' start chugging along now we aren't going to amke progression. Most of us are in 232 and 226 gear, and the 5 man version of IC drops 232. It is crucial for the progression of our guild as a whole to be past the point of needing any 232's when IC comes out. I know it will suck for those who wouldn't be able to raid Tuesday, but I think it would be in the best interest of the guild.

Like I siad though, ideas are being tossed around and nothing is set in stone.
Back to top Go down
Haakmezdarko
Admin
Haakmezdarko

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm

As CO-GM I really really would like to push for a Tue, Thur, Sun. schedule but I in no mean want to opt our guildies from getting in our raids especially our officers. I agree with oafus and Jack though. We didn't even get to raid this weekend as a guild because of a lack of people. Saturday imo are not good raid days. People do actually have lies outside of wow and have personal obligations that mostly happen on the weekend. Another weekday raidnight i think would do the guild better. But like i said, Officers can't make the weekday raids, at our current rate we didn't even raid at all this weekend when the officers were on. Idk tho, im thinking the officers, sour and I will discuss this more soon.
Back to top Go down
https://absolutezero.forummotion.com
Jenatude

Jenatude

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Haakmezdarko wrote:
As CO-GM I really really would like to push for a Tue, Thur, Sun. schedule but I in no mean want to opt our guildies from getting in our raids especially our officers. I agree with oafus and Jack though. We didn't even get to raid this weekend as a guild because of a lack of people. Saturday imo are not good raid days. People do actually have lies outside of wow and have personal obligations that mostly happen on the weekend. Another weekday raidnight i think would do the guild better. But like i said, Officers can't make the weekday raids, at our current rate we didn't even raid at all this weekend when the officers were on. Idk tho, im thinking the officers, sour and I will discuss this more soon.

There is life outside WoW? Where?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skylightangel
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 1:59 am

If anyone has noticed, I haven't been online in the last couple days. I apologize if that has caused any problems with raiding. I am in the process of relocating, and starting a new job. It's only going to put me out of sync with WoW for a about a week, and then I'll be back on track, and available to raid whenever the guild decides on a schedule. Hopefully, I'll still have a spot when i get back!!!! AHHHH, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Haakmezdarko
Admin
Haakmezdarko

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:04 am

Jaybee wrote:
If anyone has noticed, I haven't been online in the last couple days. I apologize if that has caused any problems with raiding. I am in the process of relocating, and starting a new job. It's only going to put me out of sync with WoW for a about a week, and then I'll be back on track, and available to raid whenever the guild decides on a schedule. Hopefully, I'll still have a spot when i get back!!!! AHHHH, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME!!!!

naw dude gave your spot up already...... lol but seriously no problem dude good luck on the new job btw Smile
Back to top Go down
https://absolutezero.forummotion.com
Jaybee

Jaybee

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:06 am

Haakmezdarko wrote:
Jaybee wrote:

naw dude gave your spot up already...... lol but seriously no problem dude good luck on the new job btw Smile

Thank you sir. And I plan on being online to raid on thursday. So, You can expect me to be there. If I get a chance before then to jump online and sign up, I will do so. But, if not, just expect to have the sexiest holy pally in the guild there with you guys. P.S. I was referring to me.
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Someone suggested 10dkp for signing up for the forums. Make it 25 dkp (it's not like it's gonna put anyone in the stratosphere dkpwise) and people will be flockin to sign up.

And fix that stuff with the emails that didn't go through. I had to sign up as Jack rather than Dicket cause my first attempt at signing up for the forum didnt go through.

Well maybe we can't fix it but those who need to sign up should keep at it till they get the confirm email. BTW can you read this forum without signing up?
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Take this as you will but these are my suggestions after tonights raid:

1. Everyone in the guild who has a rank from raider on up should be attending the raids on a consistent basis. If someone is ranked raider or above and not having good attendance (I do realize that RL sometimes gets in the way) they should be demoted to at least sub-raider.

2. We need to recruit more "Raiders". What is a raider? Someone who is ready to raid 15 minutes ahead of time. Someone who knows the vent info ahead of time so we don't have to spam it every 3 minutes. Someone who has enough flasks and buff food to get through the raid without having to rely on Haak and Oafus to drop a fish feast. Someone who knows how to click the minimap and find the closest repair and be repaired prior to the raid. Someone who has actually taken the time to learn the fights first by researching them on google/youtube and (hopefully) might even have done them before. Someone who actually knows how to manage their addons. Someone who knows their class and plays it well. Someone who knows something about other classes. Someone who isn't gonna bitch,whine and moan about being asked to do something that is gonna hurt their dps. Someone who is more concerned about the group/raid getting things done than padding the dps meters. Right at this time I estimate we need to recruit at a minimum of 10 people who would fit in what I call a raider. Perhaps you might have a different definition of what a raider should be, this is mine.

3. Internet connectivity seems to be a problem for some people. There are ways to fix some of that. One is the latency fix that you can use download from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html
I can't say that this is the fix for everyones connection problem, but it's probably a combination of a bunch of things. A subpar video card will toss you right off the internet simply because your computer can't handle all the incoming information....the packet stream gets backed up and voila you DC. I know this from experience because I have the same internet connection for many years, and a new computer I got back in January fixed the DC problem right away.

4. We seem to have like 4 or 5 people wanting to be the raid leader during the fight, sometimes it gets quite confusing when different people are callling out stuff. Now...I'm a multitalented guy who can multitask quite well and if it's confusing me then I'm sure it's confusing many other people of lesser intellectual stature. We have one raid leader at a time which is Sour and he needs to have vent clear. These aren't your 5 or 10 mans, 25 people have a lot of stuff going on. So during a boss fight unless you've been asked to call stuff out...stfu. That being said, we also have a lot of people who have done these fights and know the strats. I get tired of listening to people talk over someone else when they are letting us know the variations of the strat they have done vs. the strat we just tried 3x and wiped on all 3x.

5. There is no reason to be calling out people for mistakes during a raid. If someone a perpetual screwup then they will get booted as we have seen in the past. Tonight my name got called out during raid for being on the boss when there were adds up. Guess what. Go back to point #2 and maybe learn something about other peoples classes. I'll help you out here. There's a thing priests do called multi-dotting. Which means we put dots on multiple mobs. Or I might be mindsearing through the boss to kill adds. In other words....see point #4. And I didn't have to explain during the fight what I was doing as that would have clogged vent, although my first reaction was STFU.

6. We need to recruit more "Raiders".
Back to top Go down
discoghost

discoghost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 6:15 pm

nice post from jack. past the people we already have, its going to be hard to find more "raiders" that will commit the way we want them to. i can say for sure... no more rouges and druids. other than that theres a double sided blade to this. we either, A) invite all that we can hoping to get the max amount of people that will commit or B) invite only the people we need but then not knowing if they will show up all the time. A) means all the extra crap but we do what we want to and B) means we get to do what we want but it will take a very long time.
Suggestions??  Post them here! Ignis2 HAAK IN THE POT
Back to top Go down
Jack

Jack

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 pm

discoghost wrote:
nice post from jack. past the people we already have, its going to be hard to find more "raiders" that will commit the way we want them to. i can say for sure... no more rouges and druids. other than that theres a double sided blade to this. we either, A) invite all that we can hoping to get the max amount of people that will commit or B) invite only the people we need but then not knowing if they will show up all the time. A) means all the extra crap but we do what we want to and B) means we get to do what we want but it will take a very long time.
Suggestions??  Post them here! Ignis2 HAAK IN THE POT

It won't take as long as you think, if enough people are dual specced. With the cost at 1k and 232 gear available by running chain heroics for a few days there's no reason anyone should have just one spec. Except for pure dps classes and with those its's a good thing to have dual spec (I have arcane/frost on my mage so that if I'm in a group and replenishment is a problem I can switch to frost). Druids, Pallys, Warriors, Priests, DK's, Shammys, should all be dual specced to give the raids more chance of success. And I'll take an undergeared person who knows their class and the fights over a 'one trick pony' who has great gear but doesn't know the fights any day.
Dual speccing gives the raid leader extra choices in raid composition for every fight.

If we had 5 extra people showing up for raids and not getting a spot ever night it would be great. Even though a few people can't go they would still earn half dkp for gathering/fishing/questing or trolling trade chat. Well maybe we don't want them trolling trade chat but you get my drift. When I first joined An Heroes the first couple months I was in, I only got to raid on half the raid nights. I showed up on time with buff food and flasks at the entrance to Ulduar and got my dkp. Sometimes when someone would either have to leave, or DC'd couldn't stay connected, or failed and got /gkicked I would end up ninjavited into the raid ending up with a sackful of herbs and full dkp. So too many raiders isn't neccessarily a bad thing, it is what it is. Showing up for raids on a consistent basis lets the officers know that you're dedicated to making the raid times. Not showing up consistently means that someone needs to fill your spot who will show up consistently. I realize RL does get in the way and as long as guild leaders are aware of it, then it shouldn't be a problem as if you've raided with the same people for long enough you know that things change over the period of months to a year. It's too bad someone like Jellydonut felt the need to leave because he had to be a tank or not bother raiding but that's a personal decision. There would have been nothing wrong with him rolling with us in his offspec, as two months from now his offspec might have been as well geared as his tanking gear. Last night he could have started off as the OT with no problem, and we would have been pulling at 5pm instead of 5:50.

And we shouldn't hold up a raid for one person (cough haak) even if it's one of my good friends in the guild etc. We can hold them a spot but shouldn't hold up the raid on one or two peoples having to deal with RL. We used to hold a spot for someone (note key raid member) for half an hour as most of the time we would be just clearing trash. If raid starts at 5 server invites go out at 4:45 and we should all be standing at the point we're starting from ready TO PULL at 5 pm, not finishing up the daily heroic or getting raid mats from IF/SW AH at 5 pm. Take your bio's ahead of time. Grab that soda and smokes ahead of time. Ninja some fish out of the GB ahead of time. The extra half hour to 45 minutes is usually the difference between getting an extra boss down that night or not.
Back to top Go down
Genevah

Genevah

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Very well written, Jack. I couldn't agree more - all of the points you made are crucial for a strong progression raid guild.
Back to top Go down
discoghost

discoghost

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:31 pm

i have a major issue with late pulls, we should be starting at 5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions?? Post them here!   Suggestions??  Post them here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions?? Post them here!
Page 1 of 1