Absolute Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forums of Absolute Zero on the Blade's Edge Server.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disrespect in the Guild

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenatude

Jenatude

Disrespect in the Guild Empty
PostSubject: Disrespect in the Guild   Disrespect in the Guild EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm

I think its sad that our fellow guildies have forgotten what was instilled in us in elementary school.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Some of us were very excited about a book, but when we discuss it in chat, people want to jump in and ruin the book and talk crap about it and disrespect our hobbies. So what if it's not what you consider accurate! It's all fiction. Vamps are fictional, they can sparkle, they can be undead looking. They can be anything because they are from someones imagination. I don't see people who want to talk about paintball or bars or drinking or other crazy things have people jump up and go "Hey, paintball is for losers, you are stupid for playing it, it's not a real game" No, because we are supposed to respect other people in our guild.

THAT is why I said that person should be kicked. So before you go bashing me in chat, figure out what I'm really saying. But everyone just jumps on whoever is their closest friends bandwagon and screw everyone else. Forget about Officer responsibility. That doesn't exist while our GMs are away obviously.

I've seen too much disrespect in the guild these past 2 weeks. Telling people they can't say LAWL or ROFL out loud, but you can tell anyone you want "S my d" which is childish and belongs in Trade chat, NOT Guild chat or guild vent.

That's it for me. Just wanted to put all this out there to let everyone know how I feel.

Disclaimer: These are MY opinions. I am free to voice them as I please. If you don't agree, I'm sorry. And remember the moral of this post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skylightangel
Oafus

PostSubject: I never know what to title replies, so i'll title it "BM" in honor of the huge bowel movemet coming after i post this.   Disrespect in the Guild EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:33 am

So yeah, I see what you are saying Jen, I see it in a lot of guildies and I see it in myself. A lot of people need to be pulled aside and talked to. You and I have had our talks, as have I had talks with others. I have tried to improve myself, and I think I am. When we were all talking about Avatar, not that you said you had any issue with it. But I told you i didn't think it was the greatest movie ever, and I could tell right away you wanted to shy away from it because usually i would have said something like "How could you like that movie, jeez what a waste of time, blah blah blah, I'm a bitch" but instead I just stated the one thing I didn't like about it, being predictable(or so it felt to me), and left it at that, except when other people were talking or asking about how they felt about it.

We need to remember this is a game, we are a group of people enjoying life. Shit bugs us, and if it gets too bad we may need to force rules and take away the fun. Just the other night someone in guild jokingly said something about Obama, and someone had to turn this light-hearted mood into "fuck Obama" time and w/o any rational thought, bashing on Obama. No, I'm not sticking up for Obama, but if you have a thought on a topic and have no rational reason to express your beliefs, then keep them out of g chat.

There is a reason we don't have 14 year old kids in our guild. Let's not fill in the gaps with our own stupidity.
Back to top Go down
discoghost

discoghost

PostSubject: Re: Disrespect in the Guild   Disrespect in the Guild EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Oafus wrote:

There is a reason we don't have 14 year old kids in our guild. Let's not fill in the gaps with our own stupidity.

tinyblkbeard...... COUGH
Back to top Go down
Genevah

Genevah

PostSubject: Re: Disrespect in the Guild   Disrespect in the Guild EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Jenatude wrote:

THAT is why I said that person should be kicked. So before you go bashing me in chat, figure out what I'm really saying. But everyone just jumps on whoever is their closest friends bandwagon and screw everyone else. Forget about Officer responsibility. That doesn't exist while our GMs are away obviously.

Take things out of context, much? While all of that was going on, I actually whispered him and told him to stop being a dick. He obviously ignored me. And while Max was talking in one ear, all I heard you yell about was that he should be kicked. Perhaps I missed something else you said? It wasn't as if he was talking shit directly to you - he was flaming a book. Who cares? He eventually was kicked from the raid and left the guild.

Forget about officer responsibility? Excuse me, but there's a reason that no one else can see officer chat and what's being discussed. Saying that responsibility doesn't exist while the GMs arent around is foolish and slightly hypocritical of the post you just made. You don't like being bashed in guild chat (even though I wasn't the one talking crap) and I don't like being indirectly bashed on the guild forums.

I'll leave it at that. You can keep your over-reactive opinions to yourself, and I'll keep my bemused hot-headed opinions to myself. It's a game. I don't feel like taking crap all day at work and come home to take more of it on a video game. I play as a hobby, not for drama, and the rest of the adults in this guild should as well.

Have a great day, happy raiding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disrespect in the Guild   Disrespect in the Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

Disrespect in the Guild
Page 1 of 1